Parent Resources



A parent or guardian of an absent student is to call the attendance office at 964-6205 explaining the nature of the absence by 8:00 a.m. the day of the absence. Thank you for your cooperation.

Excused absences include illness and injury (including medical and dental appointments), death of a close family member, family emergencies and religious holidays.

Unexcused absences are those which are not excused or prearranged as defined.

Students are expected to collect their make-up assignments in the way teachers designate and will be allowed one day for make-up for each day missed.


Students who come to the clinic must have a pass from a faculty member.  Parent or guardians will be contacted to come to school and pick up the students who are too ill to return to class.

Medication Administration at School

If it becomes necessary for a student to take medication or receive treatment during the school day, the parent or guardian must complete a request to administer medication form and file it in the school nurse’s office.  If the medication or treatment is physician-prescribed, the parent or guardian must submit a written prescription from the child’s physician or the current pharmacy label with the request. Nursing staff can only follow the instructions on the prescription label. A physician’s order is also necessary for prescription samples that may have been released to the student, or for any over-the-counter medication that is not recommended for children under age twelve.

All other over-the-counter medication must be in the original container labeled with the student’s name and date of birth. Label instructions will be followed for all over-the-counter medicine unless otherwise prescribed by a physician.  

Request to Administer Medication Form

A student may possess and self-administer emergency medication for a chronic disease or medical condition ONLY if the parent or guardian annually files a request for student to possess and self administer medication form with the school nurse clinic. This form must be signed by the parent or guardian and a physician or nurse practitioner.

Request to Possess and Self Administer Medication