The Belzer staff works diligently to meet the academic and affective needs of the early adolescent. Each student is given opportunities to develop academic talents through a variety of challenging learning experiences. Students' social and emotional growth is fostered and encouraged within a safe and supportive environment. At Belzer Middle School we believe that each person is an integral member of the community through a variety of opportunities and activities.
- Belzer has gained national attention for its Honor Bound Program. Honor Bound identifies academically capable young men of color, and puts support systems and relevant cultural experiences in place, to increase students’ self-esteem and positively impact their academic achievement moving into high school
- The Girl Power Program focuses on positive identity development for young women
- Recognized by the state of Indiana as a STEM certified school
- With award-winning performing arts, Belzer boasts over four hundred students participating in band and over two hundred in choir. Belzer consistently receives gold ratings at ISSMA contests and receives top honors at state and national competitions
- The athletic department provides 25 different competitive teams that serve nearly 500 student- athletes and includes opportunities for 6th grade students currently enrolled in district elementary schools. Belzer is a founding member of the Interscholastic Conference, securing 13 different invitational championships over the past three years